December 17, 2019
The Danish Jeppe Spence has hiked the Appalachian trail in the eastern US, Kungsleden, Skåneleden and Vättlefjällsleden in Sweden, and other different long-distance runs around the world – and is still in his early 20s. She tries to live a life she would not regret, and that includes spending so much time outdoors.
“Solo hiking is best when everything happens
according to you, ”said Spence. “It's a body and body test at the same time
However, in the summer of 2019, indexing by injured a
rural trail in the Norwegian mountain Jotunheimen National Park, he felt more
alone than ever.
The route he chose ended in an area where there was no track or other
hikers where he met an impenetrable wall. As a result, he decided
look for shelter in a mountain range near you. Descending from the technical mountains,
a stone slipped under his feet, releasing a large boulder. It came
crashing down, right into his ankle.
"At that moment I heard a little 'cracking' and concluded that my right fibrous bone was broken," Spence said. "I taped it up and decided to head to the larger plateau to study my leg and assess the situation."
He couldn't put any weight on the ankle, but he still had 20
miles of rock to reach the nearest hut.
"The worst feeling is to be alone," Spence said. “Some time
being alone in the wild can confuse your mental state and deprive you of all chances to chop
However, he was not alone. After planning several difficult solo tours, Spence decided he needed to take safety measures when he was injured. He decided to buy an inReach® satellite communication device.
So at that point he started SOS and started sending messages
with GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Staff
"Alone. She fell on a rock on her leg. Fibula's bone is broken," she said
“The emergency services have announced that the helicopter is en
route to your location with an ETA of 25-30 minutes, ”wrote a GEOS employee
About 1.5 hours after launching the SOS, a helicopter arrived. Rescue team lowered Doctor Spencen to investigate the injury. They loaded Spence into a helicopter and flew him to the nearest town, where he was taken to a Lillehammer medical institution by a waiting taxi.
Plans B, C and D
Before the injury, Spence had spent a lot of time trekking
alone on the tracks. In 2017, he was the first credited Dane to travel
Appalachian trail south.
“This challenge gave me a lot of tools for my whole life and showed
a completely different and easier way of living, ”he said. “I only brought
essential and carry all my stuff in a 35 liter backpack. "
He encourages everyone to challenge themselves this way – but take precautions.
"Always make plans B, C and D," Spence said. "Know
your exit points and inform at least a couple of people about your itinerary. Yeah
Last but certainly not least: bring the SOS device. "
She's not sure how things would go in Norway that day without her inReach Mini – she would run.
"I would have had two options: crawl 20 to 25 kilometers across two rocky ridges and one glacier through rocky terrain – a trip that would have lasted two days without an injured leg and ultimately failed – or I could have said my peace and hoped someone would is looking for me before my food runs out, ”he said.
Fortunately, Spence did not have to face either
opportunities and waiting for many, many miles on the lanes.
“I intend to come back with my partner and complete this journey
Norway, ”he said. And I want to go to places like the Pyrenees or
Alps and make the Pacific Trench Trail and the Continental Salmon Trail. "
NOTICE: Active satellite subscription is required to access IRIDIUM satellite network for real-time monitoring and messaging, including SOS capabilities. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communications equipment. It is the user's responsibility to know and comply with all applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which the device is intended.
- ᐅ You should read this – How Do You Raise Your Credit Score 100 Points – Cost
- Best Fat Burners For Bodybuilding To Use For Cutting Cycles | Cutting Supplement Stack
- Smartwatch Answer Calls / smartwatch versa Promo Code Black Friday
- Smartwatch Offline Music or smartwatch vs classic watch Cheap Shopping Online
- Skycam hd order
- Ultimate Customer Guide 14 Tips to Make a Good Deal – Can Smartwatch Be Used Without Phone
- ᐅ Don’t Take your decision before – Who Do I Call To Fix My Credit – Reviews
- ᐅ Everything You Need – Credit Fix – 2020
- Discover the Top 8 – Smartwatch Samsung
- Smartwatch You Can Read Texts On / how smartwatches monitor sleep Review
- ᐅ January 2020 – Will Closing A Credit Card Hurt My Credit Score – Factors
- ▶ The Best 2020 Alternative for Theragun Massage Gun Percussion Massager Review
- Cheap phone site
- ᐅ Everything You Need – Online Credit Repair Companies – The Guide
- how to use abdo roulette
- ᐅ March 2020 – Credit Score Impact Of Closing Credit Card – Definition
- ᐅ March 2020 – Www People Credit Com – Cost
- Mobile without commitment
- 15 Things to Know before buying – Smartwatch Under 200
- Smartwatch Earbuds or smartwatch rotating bezel Exceptional Offer