This is a question that I often see passed, and I want us to take stock once and for all: Some people seem to think that skipping meals can increase the rate of weight loss or repair excess, Created the same day or the day before. then, are you starving yourself a good idea?
For those who have been reading this blog for a while, you already know my background: no, no, no and NO. starving yourself is never the answer – let's see why together.
Skipping a meal means you are not losing weight
The only thing that makes you lose weight, it is a stable and lasting calorie deficit over time, that is, you consume fewer calories than you consume – during the day, but also during the week … In short, it is a balance! Skipping a meal may mean eating fewer calories at that time, but chances are you'll want to skip food during the meal that follows, or try to make up for a very excessive meal just before. Result, the balance is still not good ( The calculations are not good, Kevin) And you deprive your body of what it really needs (see next point.)
Skip meals causing deficiencies
Whether you like it or not, meals are used to give your body what it needs to work – ie macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates, fat + fiber, I encourage you to read this article on the Flexible Diet to better understand needs of the body) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals).
If you skip a meal, especially if you do it because of a past or future surplus (usually something very oily or very sweet, with little nutritional value), you deprive your body of what it really needs. Result: He will dig into your muscles to find protein, drain your glycogen stores to find energy, and probably won't touch your fat reserve since he feels at risk.
But what, with the periodic fasting? (intermittent fasting)
The young intermittent and in a completely different mode of operation from the body, which is based on a switch of the energy system used – I will devote an article to this very soon.
Spoiler: it is effective, but there are great questions to ask about the topic.
Skipping a meal is punishing yourself
If you skip meals because of overeating or expectation, it mostly points to a very negative view of food – and that's a problem. Food is fuel, which allows your body to function properly, to achieve your physical and sporting goals, but also and easy to live and think.
It is quite possible to compensate for an overly abundant meal by making better choices – you can read the article "I have eaten too much, what should I do ?!" to see more clearly.
In general, it has to balance a surpluswith a meal based on 100% natural ingredients (no industrial products), rich in lean protein and fiber (green vegetables, what), and drinking lots of water is the best way to tell your body that the surplus is over and that we can start on a good foundation. A restart, in short! We can limit starchy foods and fats to save a few calories that we don't necessarily need (think calories are like an energy bank, we shouldn't store more than what we can use during the day / week)
We can also choose to spend a little more that day – obviously not to punish yourself, but to do good for your body while burning excess calories. a little run outside, an improvised bodybuilding session, a game of tennis with friends doing wonders!
What to remember:
Not skipping a meal is never a solution, except if you are in periodic fasting, you know exactly what you are doing. Eat a balanced diet, think about your caloric balance for the day and the week, rather than having a narrow vision, and above all, make peace with your body and food – the human body is a very intelligent machine and it lets you pass a few redundant if You make the best choices for it (and for you!) most of the time.
Questions? Any notes? Do not hesitate to let me know in the comments below!
- ᐅ Best of 2020 – Credit Fix – Reviews
- ᐅ Read This – The Credit People Reviews – Best Free
- Complete guide and most effective reviews
- Recommended Supplements For Cutting? : Fitness | Cutting Supplements Gnc
- Smartwatch Apple : fossil smartwatch where to buy Customer Testimonials
- ▶ The Best 2020 Alternative for Evieun Percussion Massage Gun Canada
- Skycam drone
- ᐅ You should read this – Experian Po Box 2104 Allen Tx 75013 – Chart 2020
- Used smartphone guaranteed second hand
- ᐅ Everything You Need – Best Online Credit Repair Services – Chart 2020
- ᐅ Everything You Need – Does Opening A Credit Card Affect Credit – How to Improve
- ᐅ Best of 2020 – How To Clean Credit – The Guide
- ᐅ Read This – How Do You Close A Credit Card – Free
- ᐅ February 2020 – Closing A New Credit Card – Understanding
- Complete Guide : 11 Essential Things Before Buying – Smartwatch Like Gear S3
- Best Fat Burners In The Uk 2019 And 2020: Top Options For Fast Results | Cutting Workout Supplements
- ᐅ January 2020 – Does Closing Credit Card Accounts Affect Credit Score – Cost
- 4 reasons why you need a personal trainer
- ᐅ You should read this – The Credit Repair Dictionary – Chart 2020
- ᐅ March 2020 – The Credit People Contact Number – The Guide