We had recently made a post on dementia, early signs and symptoms. You can read it here … Here we look at the two main sources of trans fats found in human food, which are natural and artificial and are said to be associated with dementia.
Natural and artificial fats
Natural fats can be found in dairy products and meat of some animals.
Artificial fats are products of an industrial process that add hydrogen to vegetable oil to make it solid. Trans fat consumption increases the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Research was conducted on 1628 people aged 60 who did not suffer from dementia. After closely monitoring them for 10 years, it was found that 377 of them were diagnosed with dementia. The participants in this large group were divided into four equal subgroups based on the amount of trans fat in the blood.
Participants with the highest trans fat content had an incidence of 29.8 events per 1,000 people. In the next highest group, the incidence was 27.6 cases per 1000 persons and in the lowest group 21.3 cases per 1000 persons.
Researchers adjusted the results for other factors, such as smoking conditions, that affect the risk of dementia. After adjusting for the study, people with the highest levels of trans fat were found to be 52% more likely to develop dementia.
Why trans fats are banned in the US!
The US FDA banned artificial fats in 2018, and they say it should reduce thousands of heart attacks and deaths on a regular basis. However, there is a provision for food containing less than 0.5 g of trans fat.
Confectionery and confectionery are maximum trans fat
These are the biggest contributors, followed by margarine, sugar confectionery (such as candy, caramel and chewing gum) and croissants.
The WHO has proposed a step-by-step guide to removing trans fats from the food chain. It is estimated that over 500,000 deaths due to cardiovascular disease are due to trans fat intake. Elevated levels of elic acid, the major trans fatty acid formed by the partial hydrogenation of vegetable oils, were prominently associated with a higher risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer's disease over a 10-year follow-up period. Fukuoka Kyushu University doctor Toshiharu Ninomiya and other co-authors of the study said the findings were made after consideration of hypertension, diabetes and other risk factors.
The research also raised the possibility that avoiding the consumption of trans fatty foods may reduce the risk of dementia in the future.
There is still much research to be done on the relationship between nutrition and dementia, but much is still unknown and no definite conclusion can be made. Ninomiya added that "the potential role of nutrition in the development of dementia needs to be further explored."
Do you think there is any connection between trans fats and dementia?
You may also like reading-
. (tagsToTranslate) dementia (s) trans fats (s) link between trans fats and dementia (t) best Indian training blog (s) dementia (s) trans fats related dementia (s) risk of dementia and trans fats (s) trans fats and dementia research
- Beach Retreat: Slow Weekend in Cornwall – Poppy Cross
- ᐅ February 2020 – Best Credit Repair Services Near Me – Chart 2020
- Skycamhd mini drone review
- Smartwatch Huawei Mate 20 Pro for smartwatch equivalent to apple watch Very Low Prices
- Smartwatch No Phone : smartwatch xiaomi amazfit pace Buying Guide
- ᐅ March 2020 – Effect On Credit Of Closing Credit Card – Complete Review
- Skycamhd drone canada
- ᐅ Best of 2020 – Fast Credit Repair Bbb – Factors
- Fitness: tips and free programs
- Complete Guide : 20 Essential Things Before Buying – Smartwatch Information
- ▶ The Best 2020 Alternative for Evieun Massage Hero Massage Gun Website
- ▶ The Best 2020 Alternative for Therarub Massage Gun Hyper
- Ultimate Customer Guide 2 Tips to Make a Good Deal – Smartwatch Under 100 Pounds
- Nfl skycam drone
- ᐅ March 2020 – How Do You Raise Your Credit Score 100 Points – Cost
- Mobile phones
- ᐅ Don’t Take your decision before – The Credit Repairmen Reviews – Complete Review
- Air-dried whole chicken – Carmy
- Smartwatch Music Player and smartwatch for samsung s9 At the Best Price
- ᐅ Read This – Apply New Credit Card Affect Credit Score – Understanding