I woke up cool as a cucumber on the morning of the race. No race day scream is for me. I am not a detective, but I can easily attribute it to one clear fact: I was not prescribed to hold the competition.
By the 33rd week of pregnancy, my already mediocre running talents were in almost complete hibernation. Registration for the competition was completely off my radar. But Matthew (my husband, remember him?) Signed up for Bridgehampton Half and my friends Katy and Sarah signed up for the 5K of the same event, so I found myself doing something on the morning of the race in Hamptons.
My true love for efficiency and smart logistics led me to sign up for this 5K. I wanted to do some physical training and thought that if my friends were training at the competition, I could.
I jumped in the car with the scheduled racers and headed to Bridgehampton High School (Go Bees!). I warn you that as this is a small race, parking near the start is very limited. If you plan to run this race, leave time to walk wherever you decide to park your vehicle at the start.
First, I was saddening my stomach at the check-in desk, ready to proudly sign up for 5K at the age of eight months, and I was asked if I wanted to sign up for a half marathon or 5K. I appreciate the openness of the staff! Women can do something! (But this particular woman couldn't run 13 miles this particular morning.)
I visited the porch, which I literally never do. When I reached 30, I preferred true sanitary engineering and bathrooms with the smell of Diptque candles became indisputable. During pregnancy, the bladder has risen to my list of priority organs.
Moments later I was on the starting line next to Katy. When the launcher went off, I started some kind of forward movement that was easily recognizable for the run. Katy, Sarah and many other runners moved in the distance. By comparison, I was suspended into space, moving at a snail's pace.
The route is flat out and back. The landscape – surprisingly – consists of long manicured lawns that lead to beautiful and large homes. During the race, I stopped for a pair of shoes and a water station. But besides, I think I ran all the time. If you don't have a time goal or if you have any expectation of speed, that's pretty sweet. I strongly recommend that you lower your expectations from time to time to "I want me to just feel OK when I finish this activity".
With about a hundred runners, the track was never crowded. About thirty-five minutes after I crossed the start line, I crossed the finish line and logged at a rate of about 11:30 minutes per mile. The people went wild. I am arguably the most pregnant person to ever run this competition. (Hey, this is not impossible; this is a small race with a short history.) The race does not provide chipping time, only 5K pistol time, so I used Strava (I quit the run during my pregnancy).
For the small competition, the situation of the sponsor and the pre / post situation was quite significant. From Lululemon to Recess drinks to massages, it was a pretty good scene if you were on a cart or sample market.
If you want to compete in the Hamptons this year, you haven't missed your chance. On September 28, there will be a marathon, half marathon and 5K in Southhampton.
I have 5K and a half on top. Click on these links for previous competition attempts.
Do you have any competitions recently? Do you have anything on deck?
- Smartwatch That Works With Apple or smartwatch jio At the Lowest Price
- ᐅ You should read this – Will Closing Credit Card Hurt Credit Score – Cost
- ᐅ Don’t Take your decision before – The Credit People Contact Number – Complete Review
- ᐅ March 2020 – Does Closing Out A Credit Card Affect Your Credit Score – Complete Review
- 5 factors to consider when choosing a composite arc
- ᐅ You should read this – What Are The Benefits Of Having Good Credit – Best of 2020
- Explore Air Drone -50% Now Promo Code 50% – Drones Buying Guide – Explore Air
- Explore Air Drone Review 2020 -50% During One Day – Best Drone of 2020 – Explore Air Drone
- ᐅ Don’t Take your decision before – Fix My Credit Chicago – Complete Review
- ᐅ February 2020 – Closing A Credit Card – Complete Guide
- How fast should you lose weight permanently?
- ᐅ Everything You Need – Credit Fix Email – Check
- ᐅ March 2020 – How Does Closing Credit Card Accounts Affect Your Credit Score – Check
- ᐅ Read This – 758 Credit Score – Understanding
- Explore AIR Drone Review ! 50% During One Day – Best Drones – Explore Air
- ᐅ January 2020 – Will Closing Credit Card Hurt – Best Free
- ᐅ March 2020 – Do Closed Accounts Affect Credit Score – Complete Guide
- Smartwatch Price / smartwatch xiaomi mijia Cheap Internet Purchase
- ᐅ March 2020 – Advantages Of Having A Good Credit Score – Definition
- ᐅ Best of 2020 – Credit Bureau Secrets Exposed – Free