5 Back to School Fitness Tips
Whether a new freshman or an incoming senior in college, staying fit and active during college can be a daunting task. But it doesn't have to be! There is a way to get adequate exercise while balancing everything else on your plate as a college student.
Here are 5 tips to help you maximize your time and energy and be the fittest you can be. These tips apply to anyone who feels like they have little time to make working out a priority.
Start Meal Planning
Meal planning can mean different things to different people, but doing some form of it will help you meet your goals. Planning out your meals will save you time, stress, and ensure that you eat healthy. If you live in your own house or apartment, this can be done with your own groceries. Here are some ideas you can try:
- Plan out 6-8 weeks worth of meal plans, make grocery lists, and rotate these plans throughout the school year.
- Pick a day and spend it prepping things like lunches, snacks, or dinners for the week. See if a friend wants to meal prep with you!
- Make freezer meals to use on busy nights.
If you live in the dorms and eat on campus in the dining hall, then meal planning may look a little different for you. Try to get on an eating schedule and aim for the healthy options. There are plenty of meal plans available online for you to use for inspiration.
Find an Exercise That You Enjoy
If you hate what you are doing, you will always have an excuse for why not to do it. If you find an exercise that you actually enjoy, that is effective for your body, and fits your lifestyle and schedule, exercising can become way easier. If groups are your calling, go to fitness classes at the campus gym or join your local gym. Or you can workout with your friends. This is also a great way to meet new people in college. Other fun ways to keep yourself motivated and engaged in your workouts is by doing fitness challenges or following along with guided workout videos.
Create a Workout Schedule
One essential item in the college student’s backpack is their planner. Planners are one of the only ways to keep track of the different assignments and classes in a busy college student’s schedule. Whether or not you get an adrenaline rush from crossing things off a list, now students need a to-do list and schedule to stay sane. Plan your workouts in advance and put it on a calendar or to-do list. This will make you feel more accountable and can even give you something to look forward to.
Short, Consistent Workouts Are Key
Consistency is the most important part of staying fit. A little bit every day really adds up, and enveloping it into your daily routine will make it much more enjoyable for you. Try starting with quick 15-20 minute workouts to dip your toes in the water. Eventually you will begin hiking the time up and your workouts will last longer.
Find a workout buddy. They hold you accountable and make workouts more enjoyable. If a workout buddy is not an option, find someone to check in with you about your exercising habits, goals and progress.
It can be easy to get lost in a busy schedule, but it doesn't need them to be a chore to be active. Use these 5 tips to stay fit and healthy while you are away at college.
- ᐅ Best 2020 – Does Opening A Credit Card Affect Your Credit Score – Understanding
- Light brioche rolls – perfect for a bite to eat!
- ▶ The Best 2020 Alternative for Rxgun How To / DIY Massage Gun – Massage Hero
- 😍 Customer reviews: Massage Hero 2020 Best Alternative of ABOX Percussion Massage Gun, Handheld Muscle Massager Electric Deep Tissue Treatment Device MG-009, with Ultra Quiet Motor, 20 Speed Strength Levels
- ᐅ You should read this – Credit Repair Locations – Understanding
- ᐅ February 2020 – Money Helping Persons – Cost
- ᐅ Everything You Need – Closing A Card – Factors
- ᐅ You should read this – My Secret Credit Fix Book – Best of 2020
- ᐅ Everything You Need – Credit Repair App – Understanding
- Smartwatch Under 50 : smartwatch app Discount
- Explore Air Drone – We test it Promo Code 50% – Best Drones – Explore Air Drone 2020
- ᐅ You should read this – Credit Repair Companies Prices – Free
- Is A Gym Or Fitness Better For Weight Loss?
- ᐅ Best of 2020 – Thecreditpeople Com Reviews – Cost
- Masonry sauce salad with chicken 3 ways
- Cheap mobile phone samsung touchscreen
- Phone image
- ▶ The Best 2020 Alternative for Sportneer Massage Hero A2 Massage Gun Amazon
- ᐅ March 2020 – Repair Company Credit – Chart 2020
- ᐅ Best of 2020 – Closing Old Credit Accounts – The Guide