When the next stuck at home, as we all are nowadays, keeping at it and continuing to practice yoga and maintaining your fitness can get challenging. Even mellow everyday stretches can become a chore. Netflix and chill, right?
But, seeing how there’s a lot more to yoga than just the regular stretching positions, maybe it's time to reconsider your habits and try to plan a different yoga routine? You can always call on the help of qualified yoga instructors in Mission Beach, San DIego, CA. Until then, see how you can incorporate some novelty into your daily stretch yoga routine at home.
What are some good yoga stretches?
With so many yoga positions to choose from, rightre right to wonder which the best ones are. However, all yoga poses have their merits, and they’re equally good for their intended purposes. However, there are those yoga positions that are more common than others, and that are intended especially for stretching.
- Downward Dog – Perhaps the most common yoga position, it is excellent for stretching as it opens up your calves, hamstrings, and shoulders. It also strengthens your upper back in the process.
- Child’s Pose – This position falls under restorative yoga, and is great for opening your shoulders. Also, you can incorporate it into your routine to rest in between the more demanding positions.
- Triangle Pose – The Triangle helps you stretch your hips, chest, spine, shoulders, and hamstrings, all while strengthening your quads, ankles, and knees.
- High Lunge / Warrior I – This position is a quick way to strong legs and flexible hips. Being in a lunge position is great for stretching leg muscles.
- Warrior II This pose increases your stamina, improves the flexibility of your legs and arms, and greatly stretches your leg muscles, as well as your arms.
- Warrior III – The most demanding of all the Warrior positions, the third installation is perfect for stretching your glutes, legs, and ankles.
- Mountain Pose – Although it seems as though just just standing, this position allows you to gently stretch your shoulders and arms while improving your posture and allowing you to rest between poses.
- Cat / Cow Pose – This is an incredible position for warming up your spine without placing too much stress on it. It’s also great for releasing stress.
- Bridge Pose Another amazing way to open up your shoulders and your chest, Bridge places some further emphasis on your glutes.
- Seated Forward Bend – Finally, this position is great for your spine and your hamstrings. Do it slowly at first, so as not to overdo it.
What are the best yoga stretches to do every day at home?
Now that you are more familiar with some of the good yoga stretches, let’s see what some of the best yoga stretches to do at home are. Although some of these may be a bit difficult in the beginning, persevere and reap the benefits.
- Easy Pose – The name says it all, as this position is really easy to do. However, that does not diminish its effect, as it stretches your hips completely and helps straighten your back.
- Chair Pose – This pose focuses on your legs, as well as your ankles and halves. It's great for giving your legs a proper stretch.
- Tree Pose – This position is a bit more difficult, but it improves your posture and stability while stretching your hips, legs, and arms.
- Boat Pose – Boat primarily targets your core and improves your posture. However, it still stretches both your arm and leg muscles easily and elegantly.
- Crow Pose – Another demanding position, but one that is well worth all the effort. It will stretch and work your abdomen, forearms, and wrists, and help you massively improve your balance.
- King Dancer Pose – A yoga position that was made for stretching your legs and your shoulders while doing wonders for your balance.
- Pigeon Pose – This position is amazing when you want to increase the mobility of your hip, but it is also great for stretching your hamstrings and arm muscles.
Is there a yoga pro in Mission Beach, San Diego, CA to help me with my home yoga practice?
The COVID-19 pandemic is making it virtually impossible to frequent gyms and practice yoga there. Even Coronado Island is suffering due to the current state of affairs. That is why we at Fit have decided to temporarily close our locations. We care about your wellbeing, and this is our way of showing it.
However, if you want to continue exercising at home, yoga is a great way to do so. There are videos you can find on our YouTube channel to help you get started. Also, feel free to contact us and we’ll give you all the advice we can. Fit is here for you even when times are hard. Call us.
- Smartwatch Vs Smart Watch : smartwatch faces Discount
- ᐅ Best 2020 – Credit Fixer Company – How to Improve
- How to Become a Pilates Tutorial |
- ᐅ March 2020 – Advantages Of Having A Good Credit Score – Definition
- Explore Air Drone -50% Today 50% During One Day – 2020 Drone Buying Guide – ExploreAir Drone 2020
- Tight dentures and lower back pain
- Explore Air Drone – We test it 50% Today – Drones Buying Guide – Explore Air Drone 2020
- Cheap phone without commitment
- ᐅ Don’t Take your decision before – Rapid Credit Repair – Definition
- Skycam hd wifi drone review
- Ultimate Customer Guide 10 Tips to Make a Good Deal – Smartwatch Compatible With Huawei P20
- ᐅ Top 2020 – Peoples Credit – Check
- ᐅ Top 2020 – Best Credit Repair Companies Bbb – Factors
- ᐅ Top 2020 – Is A Credit Score Of 610 Good Or Bad – Complete Guide
- Explore Air Drone Review – Q&A Free Shipping on all Orders Today – Drones Buying Guide – ExploreAir Drone
- 4 reasons why you need a personal trainer
- ᐅ March 2020 – Fast Credit Repair – Complete Guide
- ᐅ March 2020 – Fix My Credit Reviews – The Guide
- ᐅ Read This – Does Opening And Closing Credit Cards – Free
- Discover the Top 14 – Smartwatch Without Phone Connection